The Cabbage soup recipe is one of the most important pillars of this diet as you must know.
You will need the following ingredients:
• 6 large green onions or scallions or 3 green and 2 yellow onions, chopped
• 2 bell peppers cut into small pieces
• One half a head of cabbage cut into small pieces
• 3 carrots cut into small pieces
• 1 or 2 cans of diced tomatoes
• 8 -10 oz. of mushrooms; cut or sliced
• 1 bunch of celery; cut into small pieces
• 1 Lipton’s package of soup mix (spice only)
• 48 oz. V-8 juice
• 1 or 2 cups of beef or chicken bouillon or you may use cubes instead
• Seasoning: choose from the following in any combination that appeals to you; pepper, parsley, curry, garlic powder, oregano, bay leaves, thyme, rosemary, marjoram, lemon pepper, whole peppercorns, cumin, coriander, turmeric, jalapenos, chili powder, and even cardamom, just remember little or no salt.
To Make The Soup:
Chop the onions and sauté them over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until white or clear in a soup pot sprayed
with cooking spray. Add the chopped peppers, then cabbage, carrots, mushrooms, and celery, sautéing each
vegetable for a minute or two, before adding the next. Lastly, add the tomatoes.
Add your choice of the seasonings listed above as well as the soup spice packet (no noodles or rice) and if you
choose you may add a couple of beef or chicken bouillon cubes (optional). You may make your soup even spicier
by adding cayenne pepper if you would like, however, remember little or no salt.
Add 8 cups of water and the V-8 juice; cover and reduce heat to low. Allow the soup to simmer until the veggies are
tender or for about 2 hours.
Eat all the soup you can, and whenever you can. Just make sure you are eating at least one durable soup bowl a day, preferably
more. Do not allow yourself to get hungry; eat more soup if you are. Some people say that they have put it through a
blender, others prefer it cold. You might want to try these alternatives for yourself.