Mango chicken curry is a different variant of Indian chicken recipe. It is delicious and slightly tangy in taste. It goes very with white rice. This is can be best curry for your lunch or dinner in summer. It is very easy to prepare at home. Let us see how to prepare this Mango Chicken Curry at home.
Ingredients Required for Preparing Mango Chicken Curry:
- Chicken – 250gms
- Raw Mango – 2 (Medium sized)
- Onions – 100gms
- Green Chillies – 50gms
- Coriander seeds (Dhaniya) – 1 Tsp
- Cumin (Jeera) – 1 Tsp
- Poppy Seeds (Khus Khus) – 1 Tsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 Tsp
- Red Chilli powder – 1/2 Tsp
- Cooking Oil – 150gms
- Turmeric powder
Methods for Preparing Mango Chicken Curry:
- Clean the chicken thoroughly and cut into desired size pieces.
- Peel of the skin of the mangoes with the help of a peeler.
- Grate the two mangoes and take it into a plate.
- Chop the green chillies in fine pieces and take into a separate plate.
- Grind the coriander seeds, cumin seeds, and poppy seeds together and take them into a separate plate.
- Take a kadai, and add cooking oil. Heat it on a medium flame.
- Add red chilli powder, and ginger-garlic paste to it and fry slightly.
- Now add the chicken pieces to it and fry them.
- Add grated mango to it and mix well.
- Add finely chopped green chilly pieces, and ground coriander, cumin seeds, and poppy seeds powder to it and mix well.
- Now add turmeric powder, and salt to it and mix well.
- Add some water to the mixture, and allow it for cooking (for about 15 minutes) on a simmer flame.
- Once it is well cooked, switch off the stove and take it into a bowl.
- Your Mango chicken curry is ready for serving.